Have you ever heard about flax seeds? No? Then you are in the right place. First I’ll give you a little introduction about flax seeds and flax seeds nutrition, so here we go!
WHAT IS FLAX SEEDS?
Flax seeds are small shiny brown colored seeds and are considered as the oldest crop of in the world. These amazing seeds contain a high quantity of fibers, antioxidants, and good fats. These all combined in one seed can give you tremendous health benefits.
WHAT ARE FLAX SEEDS GOOD FOR?
One tablespoon of Flaxseed contains a good amount of fiber, protein and omega-3 fatty acids. It is also a rich source of Vitamin B1, B6 and other minerals like Folate (Folic Acid), Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, and Phosphorus
Adding Flax seeds to your diet may result in many health benefits. It reduces cancer risk, improves cholesterol, lowers blood pressure, controls blood sugar and helps weight control.
Flaxseed protein helped improve immune function, prevented tumors and had anti-fungal properties
If we look into it a little bit deeper into these seeds they contain magnesium, which helps in collagen production which is very good for our skin. Furthermore, it has health-protective antioxidants that protect you from heart diseases, cell damages, and also cancer. Flax seeds nutrition can also helps in many skin problems. Here are some Flax seeds benefits for Skin and Hair:
1: SHINY, SILKY AND SMOOTH HAIR
HAIR MASK RECIPE
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- Coconut oil
- Put flax seeds in a pot and pour water in it
- Now put it on a stove and turn it on and stir it from time to time
- When the water is about to boil and you see a white froth on the upper portion of the mixture turn off the stove
- Now let it cool down and with the help of a strainer put it into a jar. You can save this mask in a fridge for 1 week
- Take quantity according to your hair length in a bowl and mix some coconut oil in it
- Apply it on your hair and massage with it for at least for 15 minutes
- Leave it for 2 hours, then wash it off. You will observe a great change in just one try.
It removes frizz from your hair and stops breakout.
2: FIGHTS OSTEOPOROSIS
Flaxseed has an omega-3 fatty acid that helps to fight with osteoporosis. When you add this in your daily routine life this will protect your bones from breakage and it improves the mineral density of your bones as well. If you are facing some issues with bones then go to a nutritionist and he will guide you about these seeds and how to take them. This will surely help you but don’t use it without concerning your doctor.
3: BRIGHTEN SKIN
- First, you need to grind 1 – 2 tbsp of flaxseeds
- Now leave it for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes you will notice some thickness in the mixture
- Now apply it on your face and neck
- After 15 minutes when it’s completely dry remove it with water
- Don’t forget to use a toner after this mask
You can feel the difference in your skin within a minute. Now your skin will be soft, smooth and bright.
4: LOOSE WEIGHT
WEIGHT LOSS DRINK
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 1 slice of lemon
- 1 glass of water
- First, grind the flaxseeds
- Now mix them with water with the help of a mixer
- Now squeeze lemon slice in this drink
The drink is really effective and if you are in a race of losing weight you must try it. Drink it once a day with some exercise. Exercising will greatly increase the results if you want to lose weight fast.
5: ACNE-SCAR FREE SKIN
HONEY MASK OF FLAXSEED
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 1/4 cup of water
- Soak flaxseeds in water for 1 night (Just in 1/4 cup of water)
- Now mash this material
- Add lemon juice and honey
- Apply this mask on your skin and leave it
- When it completely dries wash it off with water
- For optimal results use it twice a week
6: REMOVE DARK CIRCLES
Flaxseed oil is magical for all your skin problems. If you are facing dark circles or dark spots, just apply it to your dark spots at night. Do this at least for a week and don’t skip a day. You have to use it daily if you want results. It will surely give you clear and clean skin.