Losing weight is never an easy task, in fact, some consider it a hard goal to reach especially if you feel hungry all the time. So using a high protein low carb diet provides numerous health benefits particularly for those who want to lose weight.
Protein does trigger the fat burning process which is good that’s why the main reason, why a lot of dieters consider this kind of diet above other options. Although there are many reasons to adopt a diet which is high in protein and low in carbs.
As we know that protein is great for muscle building and muscle repair which provide lasting energy to the body. Moreover! A high protein low carb diet can burn your excess fat for energy instead of burning carbs. It will also help to prevent muscle loss and helps to keep your metabolic rate ticking over nicely.
Advantages Of Having A High Protein Low Carb Diet
- It makes you feel fuller for a longer period of time.
- Whenever you eat foods that are high in protein you will feel less hungry.
- Snacking and nibbling on cheese and nuts, for instance, will leave you more satisfied than eating chips and cookies.
- It removes the adverse effects that carbohydrate may cause in one’s body.
- Carbohydrate boosts one’s sugar level which causes the pancreases to generate insulin.
- Insulin stimulates the brain and enabling it to produce more hunger signals which will cause people to crave more food.
- Typically, these signals make people eat high carb foods.
- High protein low carb diet is an effective way to destroy this cycle which is caused by high carb diet.
- High protein diet will decrease the level of insulin and increase the level of glucagon.
- Glucagon is hormones which help to burn fat in the body and help get rid of the cholesterol effectively.
- It will help lower your blood pressure.
- High protein low carb diet helps to cut out a big amount of starches and sugar in the body.
It is always important to combine a high protein low carb diet with exercise. Try to exercise several times every week and drink lots of water as it keeps you hydrated. This will surely help you to speed up your metabolism and allowing you to lose weight faster.
Carbohydrates are just simple sugar attached to each other in a long string. You can have a simple carbohydrate or short carbohydrate that’s easy for your body to break up into sugars. While you can have a longer or complex carbohydrate that takes your body longer kind of energy to break up into sugars.
If you cut carbohydrate intake to very low kind of less than 20 – 40 grams a day, you are not going to get sources of energy for a while and that you have to start using your own fat to create energy. So, when you start a diet that’s mostly just protein and fat then you will put yourself into a state of ” KETOSIS” which means you don’t put any insulin. Insulin is the hormone that tells your body to store energy.
Disadvantages Of Having High Protein Low Carb Diet
- If your liver is toxic or week or damaged you are not going to be able to handle all that heavy protein.
- Protein is hard on your liver.
- It can make you feel kind of cause bad breath.
- It can clog up the circulating system in the body.
- Protein is a process of fat burning and all that fat has to go through the liver and you end up with more of a fatty liver.
- It doesn’t provide all of the nutrients.
- Protein gives the amino acids and some of the essential fatty acids.
- High protein low carb diet can create deficiencies specifically in Potassium and Magnesium.
- High protein diet can deplete your body of this mineral calcium.
- Due to having low carb diet you may feel lack of energy and weakness.
- High protein low carb diet can also be difficult for the digestive system.
Every diet has both good and bad sides. Most of the people after finishing a low carb diet program end up carb bringing. Knowing the downside of a diet will also help us to determine if low carb diet really meant for us or not.
Combining both of these factors means that you are well on your way to achieving your weight wellness goals. Always take a moderate amount of protein with each meal specifically 115-175g of chicken, meat or fish or two eggs.
Though there are many high protein low carb diet foods which are already the staples in many people’s diet, some of the plans can include moderate amount of meat and fish like —
Always eat until you feel full which is fairly easy to achieve with these protein-rich foods. There are also lots of foods which are high in protein but don’t contain meat and fish like–
High protein low carb diets are literally hundreds of different diets promoting this concept, while some recommend certain combinations of carbs and protein. High protein diet may contribute to weight loss in many ways.
It has been suggested that by reducing carbohydrates, the brain may receive less hunger, resulting in a reduced appetite. While high protein consumption of fewer calories which in turn leads to weight loss.
Low carb doesn’t mean no carb. It is important to remember that carbohydrates do have a function in our body and are essential in a healthy diet. Carbohydrates are necessary for energy in the body, especially for those doing a lot of exercises. Those who reduce carbohydrate intake to very low levels are at risk of many deficiencies.